What do I have to do when I bring an Other state vehicle to Karnataka State ?
1. How the tax is assessed?
Change of address has to be intimated within 30 days before the Jurisdictional Regional Transport office.
If the vehicle is purchased from outside state bearing other state registration mark then Transfer of ownership has to be intimated within 30 days before the Jurisdictional Regional Transport office.
Before using the vehicle in the state of Karnataka you should pay Motor vehicle Tax.
To know about this, The first thing to do is to approach the Jurisdictional RTOs along with the Original Registration Certificate, Insurance and Emission Testing Certificate.
You approach the Help Desk or the Public relation officer, who will guide to the concerned officer/counter.
At the counter you will be guided about the procedure, forms to be filed, tax and fees to be paid.
The tax to be paid will be assessed on the basis of the age and cubic capacity of the vehicle as on the date of migration in respect of cars and motorcycles.
In respect of light motor vehicles, which are registered subsequent to 01/04/2003, the tax will be assessed on the basis of cost and age of the vehicle at the time of registration. So please remember to produce the invoice of the vehicle before the tax assessing officer.
2. Where and how can I pay the motor vehicle tax, in respect of the my other state vehicle ?
You have to fill a form no. kmvt 14 for this purpose and obtain the acceptance of the tax assessing officer and pay it in the cash counter.
If the amount of tax is more than Rs 3000/ - You have to obtain a demand draft in the name of the ‘REGIONAL TRANSPORT OFFICER’ Bangalore (if the place of residence falls under the jurisdiction of Bangalore City ) or the location of the concerned Regional Transport Office.
3. What documents are accepted as address proof ?
Any one of the following;
The Registering Authority may accept an affidavit sworn by the applicant before an executive magistrate or a First class Judicial Magistrate or a Notary public .
4. What documents are accepted as age proof ?
Any one of the following;
1. School Certificate 2. Birth Certificate, 3 Certificate Granted by registered Medical Practitioner not below the rank of Civil surgeon 2.Passport 3 . LIC policy 4. Voter’s ID card, 5. Electoral Roll
Whether NOC (NO objection Certificate) is required for payment of Tax ?
NOC is not a requirement for payment of tax .
5. Whether NOC (NO objection Certificate) is required for recording change of address in respect of an other state vehicle ?
NOC is not a requirement for recording change of address in respect of an other state vehicle
6. When an NOC is required in respect of an other state vehicle ?
NOC is required to be produced:
1. When you want to obtain Karnataka Registration Mark
2. When transfer of ownership is to be recorded in the certificate of Registration.
7. I Could not obtain NOC at the time of shifing of my vehicle, I have paid tax, and obtained change of address in the certificate of registration in Karnataka , Is there a way to obtain NOC from previous registering authority ?
Yes . You fill form CMVR 28 in quadruplicate with pencil print of the chassis no. on all the forms , and send form CMVR 28 in triplicate to the previous registering authority along with original registration certificate, Insurance, emission testing certificate BY RPAD. Keep the acknowledgement from the previous Registering authority for having received your application and the 4 th copy of NOC application safely . You will receive the NOC from the concerned Registering Authority.
8. If I don’t Receive the NOC , What I have to do ?
If you do not receive the NOC even after 30 days from the date of acknowledging your application, You can approach the RTO along with your 4 th copy of form CMVR 28 and acknowledgement and file a declaration giving details of your application for NOC and stating that
“ Neither I have received any reply from the concerned RTO nor my application has been rejected by them” .
In such cases Your application for Reassignment / Transfer of ownership will be considered.
9. When should I obtain Karnataka Registration Mark?
A Vehicle is not permitted to ply with other state registration mark beyond 11 months from the date of migration . So you should apply and obtain the Karnataka Registration mark before that period.
10. What forms are to be filed for Change of Address ?
Form CMVR 33, CMVR 27, KMVT 14 are to be filled up
One photo has to be affixed on form CMVR 27 .
11. What forms to be filed for Transfer of ownership ?
Form CMVR 29 in duplicate , CMVR 30 , CMVR 27, KMVT 14 are to be filled up
One photo has to be affixed on form CMVR 27 ..
12. Should the Registered owner appear in person for change of address/ transfer of ownership in respect of an other state vehicle ?
Yes, it is mandatory for the applicant to appear in person .
13. Should the vehicle be produced for inspection for recording change of address/ transfer of ownership in respect of an other state vehicle ?
Yes it is mandatory for the vehicle to be produced for inspection.
14. How about the procedures?
Refer procedures for details under change of address/transfer of ownership of other state vehicles .